There are many Hot-springs and sightseeing spots in Hokkaido.
Noboribetsu (登別) is one of the best Hot-springs area in Hokkaido.
There are several walking trails and you can feel the volcanic nature.
9 different types of spring qualities
This Onsen area produce 10,000t of hot water per day with 9 different types of spring qualities, and the spring source temperatures is 45 to 90 ℃. They said, “hot spring paradise”.
This onsen was discovered and mentioned in 1846. People visit this hot-springs for spa treatment since long time ago.
Effects of Noboribetsu Onsen Hot Springs
- Sulfur spring (Iou-sen): Milky-white color sulfur springs ease chronic bronchitis, hardening of the arteries and chronic dermatitis.
- Salt spring (Shokuen-sen): eases neuralgia, lower back pain and poor circulation.
- Aluminum spring (Myohban-sen): tightens skin and mucous membranes, ease symptoms of chronic skin disease, inflammation of the mucous membranes, athlete’s foot and hives.
- Mirabilite spring (Boh-shoh-sen): contains sodium which improves blood flow, thus alleviate hypertension, wounds and arteriosclerosis.
- Melanterite spring (Ryokuban-sen): Highly acidic melanterite (iron vitriol) spring water contains large amounts of minerals such as copper and manganese, and it helps to ease anemia and chronic eczema.
- Iron spring (Tessen): Known for heating up body. Iron springs help to ease symptoms of anemia and chronic eczema.
- Acidic Iron spring (Sansei-Tessen): Acidic spring water is known to help ease eczema symptoms thanks to its powerful disinfecting action.
- Alkaline spring (Juh-sou-sen): Alkaline springs are also known as ‘Bijin-no-yu’ (or hotspring for beauty), eases skin conditions and sanitizes wounds.
- Radium Spring (Radium-sen): Radium spring water have strong sedative effect, and ease neuralgia, rheumatism and menopausal disorders.